Thursday, September 5, 2013

Post #1

The test was very well formatted in my opinion. It was specific enough to test how well we grasped the material but asked about relevant facts that would actually affect our understanding of the chapters. I found it easy to take and know that if I study harder next time, I will be able to achieve my expectations eventually. The tests were reasonable enough that improvement does not seem impossible. The essay was a bit challenging at first since I had never done a straight out essay with such little preparation. I believe the essay was necessary for me to actually understand the caliber of responsibility we are expected to take in order to do well in this class. I will admit, it has become something taken for granted in other classes that the teacher will give you multiple warnings and lots of preparation before something as major as this essay. However, once I organized all my thoughts on to the paper given to us, my essay became much more clear and my panic subsided considerably. I plan on focusing on all aspects of the chapter next time I study. Firstly, I plan on drilling the facts by writing it down and using pneumonic devices. Although it is more information than usual to take in, I believe if I manage my time better, I will be able to remember it better and use it effectively on essays. I also understand now that grasping the concepts presented in the chapter is just as important as remembering the cold, hard facts of the chapter. In studying for the essays, I will be focusing more on the similarities and differences found in each civilization to better prepare myself as well as getting a feel for the patterns which occur in history.

No comments:

Post a Comment