Monday, September 9, 2013

Post #3

Hey Pais,
The poster was done very well for the most part. I think the color was done very well on the poster and helped the head pop out. I also thought it was very neat and easy to tell which drawings belonged to each theme. I think you could have improved the fourth drawing by derailing it more since I found it difficult at first glance to tell what it was. A similarity between Mesopotamia and Mesoamerica was the amount of expansion that took place in neighboring territories. Mesoamerica fought many Mayan kingdoms to acquire the lands they came to control just like the Mesopotamians who fought neighboring city-states. Another similarity between these two civilizations is how both civilizations were primarily agricultural yet focused on crafting tools as well. The differences between our civilizations include the blood letting ceremony. These ceremonies did not occur in Mesopotamia and Mesopotamia was not nearly as religious as Mesoamerica. My one question to you is in the act of bloodletting, was death a part of the ceremony or was it only a sacrifice of blood and nothing more?
Sincerely,
Olivia

Hey Kush,
Your poster definitely stuck out as a very colorful project and it was done well. If I had one suggestion, it would be to use less tape. China and Mesopotamia both had patriarchal structures, although Mesopotamia allowed for more flexibility for women in acquiring an education. Another similarity between both civilizations was the development of bronze being used in weapons. One of the differences between the two cultures was the use of writing. In Mesopotamia, writing was used primarily for recording transactions in trade. In China, writing was used for the leisure of the rulers as well as in the oracle bones. A question I have about your civilization is mainly about the oracle bones and how they were used exactly. It seems like a very interesting subject.
Sincerely,
Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment