The first theme was exemplified through the wheel in Mesopotamian civilization. The wheel was a major advancement in technology. I drew a donkey inside the head since this is a widely known animal of labor. The wheel made the donkey's job of carrying large cargos considerably easier. The big picture of the wheel was improving trade. The wheel made long distance trade easier, which inadvertently helped the spread of ideas. This is why I drew a picture of two people talking and exchanging thoughts outside the head. The second theme of architecture was especially shown in the building of the ziggurats. Although this added to the scenery of Mesopotamia as a whole, it was the results of hard labor from civilians. Because of this, I drew a sick person inside the head since hard labor can take a toll on a person's health. Outside the head, I drew the ziggurat in a nice landscape since it would be seen as a thing of beauty by the outside world and society as a whole. The third theme focused on political structures which, in Mesopotamia, was monarchy. Inside the head, I drew a pitchfork, symbolizing rebellions that took place due to the general resentment the civilians had toward imperial rule. Outside the head, I drew a sword to signify the battles that took place in order to expand the territory further and conquer city-states, a result of imperial rule. In terms of creation, a major concept that helped agricultural production was irrigation. Irrigation created excess food supply due to success in agriculture which is why I drew a big family inside the head. As an average civilian, the food surplus would allow for larger families. Irrigation affected the big picture by attracting more people to migrate because of the food surplus. To symbolize migration, I drew packed bags for travel outside the head. The final theme of social structures was especially apparent in the domination of women in the obviously patriarchal society. In my opinion, if I was a woman living in Mesopotamian times, I feel as though I might see the constraints that came with the society over the places that allowed for flexibility. This is why I drew a veil inside the head which symbolized the constraints Mesopotamian women faced. Outside the head, I drew pens and pieces of paper to signify how society would feel as though they were giving women a decent amount of freedom by allowing them to assume positions such as scribes in society.

No comments:
Post a Comment